As I think anyone who has read my blog at all knows, I am a person with high expectations. I can get quickly let down when events that I have looked forward to for a very long time become not at all what I hoped for (i.e. - rain in Sunriver, the flu on Christmas day.....). I am a little nervous over this week's trip to Palm Springs - it seems like a given to expect desert weather, but, there's showers in the forecasts and temps in the low 70's. Um, not what I had in mind. Hopefully, that will change.
I do feel good, however, that I entered into spring break with very few pre-conceived notions on what it would be like. Simply not waking up to drag Brayden to school was enough for me - and yes, a guaranteed given! With that said, spring break has far exceeded my expectations - here's a few reasons why-
- a fabulous, spontaneous trip to the beach with the family - previously detailed
- a nostalgic 24 hours spent at the "Schilling Compound" complete with several runs on Michael's newly constructed zipline. With the duck pond in the distance, a happy chocolate lab running around, an outdoor fire lit (we should have brought marshmallows) and kids screaming in delight as the zipped along.... it was definitely a Kodac moment. (We snapped shots with Michele's 35mm camera - we'll get those processed one of these days...)
- another spontaneous activity of bowling with the cousins. Guess who got the high score? That would be 2 year old Ellie. Somehow, every push we helped her make seemed to magically bounce off the bumbers in just the right way. The first 3 frames were spare, strike, strike. She ended with a score of 147!
- a trip to the park with Lisa and the kids. Brayden biked the mile back completely on his own - YEAH! And, the girls did fantastic with their training wheel bikes - not one complaint from Mikayla despite a grand total distance of two miles. It was on Monday when the weather was great - that definitely felt like spring.
- finally, a trip to the spa. Can't say enough about the body wrap experience..... (refer to Labor Day post) - and a certain spa beginning with a B here in town now has new chairs for their pedicure. They have a "rolling" SHIATZU massage experience which can really knead the muscles in your back. BLISS.......
I hope your spring break was wonderful as well. One final thought - what is your high score bowling?