This week has been a major progression from bad to good for me. If irritability was put on a scale from 1-10, 10 being ABSOLUTELY DON'T MESS WITH ME! - and 1 being as mellow and easy going as it gets - I began the week at 10 (ask John). Each day we've gone down the scale - I think I'm about at a 2 now. That's a huge victory right there.
Here's a few others:
- a succesul check-up at the dentist for both kids. Mikayla overcame her phobia and had fun (they both did) and even tolerated the x-rays. And, the best news, no cavities.... (the kids' dentist visits rate as one of the highest mommy anxieties I have....)
- closing off my care with the physiatrist. We don't see eye to eye on what will probably help me the most, but the PT really helped and hopefully I can now end my chapters with this accident and the insurance settlements.
- having my mom home and getting significant help with the headaches that have been prompting an early bedtime for the last two weeks. Between getting better from being sick and getting relief from the pain, I think that has a major bearing on the irritability scale!
- two things John and I have decided we really need to get Brayden to be able to do in the next couple of months - tie his shoelaces (elastic and velcro tennies have virtually eliminated this need up 'til now!), and ride his bike without training wheels. He succeeded in both this week- both really need practice, but he's virtually got it! YEAH BRAYDEN!!!!
- having my laundry caught up and house clean. The hurricane always hits us over the weekend and I feel like I spend all week trying to catch up - it's nice to sit here right now and be there.
- hitting 66 degrees yesterday!
We're off to Costco and Safeway - I hope you all have victories you can share from this last week - I'd love to hear about them!