1. I loved my mom's middle name as a kid - Marlene. I also thought Leia (Star Wars) was pretty cool too.2. No dazzling plans except a trip to get pampered at the spa (cashing in gift certificates....) on Thursday. That, I can't wait for.
1. I loved the name "Linda". While on vacation(I must have been about 7), I told my new friends my name was Linda. It actually worked for most of the week...until my mom called me Lisa. My new friends were like we thought your name was Linda..."It's both"...said LISA.2.A warm beach!!!!...in my mind
1. Good question Steph... I'm saddened that my memory is so challenged by such an easy request. I know that I loved the last name of Morgan - I think I liked Julie as a first name - as well as Marlene (also MY mother's middle name). I should remember better - Steph and I used to play school so often - inventing a whole classroom full of names. Of course Julie Morgan would be the A+++ student. :)2. The first half of the break our family will be at a high school youth retreat in Bend. The second half will be spent partying in Eugene. Lisa, I mean Linda, - would you mind sharing your warm beach? (Of course if it is the setting for "LOST" I might have to pass...)
1. When I was younger, I tried to get people to call me Stevie. My uncle, Stevie, and dad were in their shed when my dad was 9 and my uncle was 5. They found a bottle that looked like Coke. They both drank from the bottle; my dad spit it out because it was so sour, but my uncle ended up dying from poisoning. My dad has never told me this story, I had to hear it from my mom. I still don't think he can cope with the fact that he believes he is the reason his brother died. He feels he should have made him spit the poison out, or something..... Kind of sad. I am named after my uncle Stevie and would have been named Stephen had I been a boy. Ever since I was told that story, I tried and tried to get everyone in gradeschool to call me Stevie. It worked for a little while, but then I was called by my nick name "Beefy" since I was a swimmer and a lot stronger than most of the boys at my school. 2. I will begin my spring break at the spa with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law on Saturday the 25th. We will also be doggy-sitting my sister's beagle (Bogey's brother, Baxter) that weekend. I will then go to work Monday and possibly Tuesday. I will then attend my brother's yoga class on Wednesday. Thursday I will go to the spa again, but this time with my very best friends in the whole wide world! Yeah, my life is BORING!Have a great night everyone! - Stevie
As a kid I always loved the name Tiffany and was jealous of Tiffany's who had that as a name. My Mom had wanted to call me "Angel" but my cousin was called Angela, so she felt she couldn't. OMG can you even imagine calling me Angel, you guys????I gotta tell you Emma and Molly's names though.Emma had Ashley, then it evolved to Ashley from Washington, then after she went into the bank with me it was Ashley from Washington Mutual.Molly now has Coco and sometimes it is Gogo. 2. Spring Break? hmmm recuperating from all the early mornings, making lunches, getting kids dressed (we did homeschool in our pjs alot), driving around etc. I may do a "camp" for the girls with some of their friends. Like a movie day, spa day etc. I dunno.....
Wow, how great to wake up to all these fun responses. Steph - yours is DEEP! Michele - I'm sure somewhere in mom and dad's attic is our pretend class lists, we'll have to determine your name from those. Hollie - the mornings are ROUGH aren't they? In fact, I'm three minutes past the point that I'm supposed to wake up Brayden if things are to work smoothly in the mornings - gotta go!
Stephanie, that story is so sad. I cannot imagine. I think Stevie is a great girls name. (Perhaps if you guys ever do decide to have kids you could use it then...) I watched a mini series last summer, a six part show based on a book, can't even remember the name now I really liked it! Anyway, the girls name was Stevie, played by Julia Ormond, and I thought it was a great name. 1. Samantha. I wanted to have a daughter named Sam. (Always liked boys names for girls..)2. A girls trip to Seattle, working at camp, a possible trip to the zoo with friends.
That mini series was called Beach Girls. I'm not sure if you can rent the whole thing or not, but it was good.
1. Oh I have several: Samantha, any thing with a K like Kailey or Kami and Claudi (from the baby sitters club). In high school I went by Monica for a year on every trip with my friends to where ever. We would tell the boys our fake names2. Spring Break ... what's that?
Jodi - how are you going to work at camp with the kids in tow? And, I remembered why Julie was a favorite name among Michele and I - "The Love Boat cruise director" - need I say more.....
Post a Comment