Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bowling with Our Buddies

Last night we hit the lanes. The Countdown Calendar said "go bowling with your buddies" and when asked, the kids systematically listed everyone who would be in attendance. Unfortunately, poor Jackson throwing up was enough to keep the Meyers from coming. (We missed you guys!) Stephie did a great job splitting our group into 3 lanes of five, and we all had a GREAT time.

I struggled finding the right ball to work with. I like light balls - but I have this tendon callous on my right thumb that makes it wider than normal. So, it's rare to find a light ball with a big enough thumb hole for me to fit. I was struggling for the first three frames....until finally, I found "The Beast" (that was the inscription on the ball). At about 12 pounds, this ball fit me - and the first throw with it resulted a strike. Then, Michele used it and she threw a strike. (And we both threw at exactly the same pathetic speed). Grrrr..... "The Beast" ended up helping her beat me by a mere two points...... =)

Everyone had a blast, which always leads me to wonder, "Why don't we do this more often?"










No comments: