Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crooked River Dinner Train

How did you ring in 2009? Me, I went to bed around 10pm with a migraine.... man, I need my mom's therapeutic work in a big way!

However, prior to that headache getting too out of control, the Whites, kids and us celebrated New Years' Eve on the Crooked River Dinner Train. Originally, the Schillings had planned on leaving in the afternoon, hence our exclusion of them, but it turned out that Michael wasn't able to return until around 8pm, so they ended up spending the night.

There were two dining cars, with white lights dangling all over the windows. It was very festive....

Stephie, as I've noted before, has quite an aversion to people in costume - or even in character, so she was a little interested in what was on the "spirits" menu before our journey began....

This guy is "Little Joe Younger" - a character lacking in intelligence and good teeth - Brayden got a kick out of him....


Mikayla posed with "Jesse James" - his character owned the dining train.

"Prairie Rose" (on the left) had quite the thing for "Rimrock the Kid" - part of the drama that they acted out for our entertainment.

This little lady was "Frankie James" - who claimed she could have any man she wanted - Stephie, beware!

Overall, it was a really nice evening - we had fun. I could have handled it being an hour shorter, I think I'm done with train ride excursions for a while (these things all sound so ideal in July when I'm considering them, but when the evening comes and I'd rather sit around with a Wii tournament.....). Apparently, the Dinner Train is changing ownership, so it's possible that this train run could have been the last in its current format. Knowing that, it made it even more special. If it does continue, I'd highly recommend it - particularly the "Murder Mystery" versions.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of cool train activities up there... Hope your head is better!