Monday, December 22, 2008

Original Pancake House

This was one of my favorite Countdown Calendar activities. Of course, it might have something to do with the taste of the cherry crepes I'm guaranteed for breakfast, but it also meant (by way of date) that we were finally on official winter break with Christmas just a few days away. I had fun with the reveal, having created a Word Unscramble (during the Civil War game) for them to work on to let them know what they were doing for the day.

I also brought out some of those Hidden Picture Sticker books that Highlights Magazine makes that I had actually bought last Christmas. It was just the trick to create angelic kids while we waited to be seated and served our food....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Highlights (from my own childhood memories, too). What a creative word scramble, Steph! I actually had trouble figuring out some of those, but I suppose your kids are much smarter than this old lady.