Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sad Good-Byes

Good grief! After all this anticipation, all of the complaining about homework and waking up early - BOTH my kids got in the car after school and started crying - and continued all the way home. I literally grabbed two blankets and sat between them on the loveseat hugging them tight. (We were supposed to go to the pool, but it is just now starting to clear up - we'll see if we make it).

Mikayla is sad because a friend of her's is going to a new school. That's a bummer, but I've tried to encourage her to try to be email pen-pals.....

Brayden is sad because he'll miss his teacher. I think the last couple of months was really bonding for his teacher and Brayden. He said, "she's my favorite - nobody 'got' me like her". She'll be moving to kindergarten, so I assured him that he'll be able to visit her often next year - as well as visit her occasionally on Facebook.

The kids are learning early that sometimes the things we wish so long for isn't nearly as gratifying as the journey to get there.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

man, get out the tissue for me too why don'tcha! i can see it in D's eyes especially. change is never easy. ahh, but the memories make it all worth it. hug those babies of yours for me!

Genny said...

How precious. What sweet hearts your kids have.

Great to be back,
Genny