Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heart-Wrenching

I was debating whether or not to post this, but I can't even think about it without tearing up again - so with that in mind, and knowledge that all of our prayers have strength - I wanted to address this.

The following article - http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080521/TUNEIN/80521174&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL
speaks of how Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter was just killed yesterday due to the accident in which her teenage older brother backed out of their driveway in an SUV and hit her. I can't fathom the pain that that family is feeling - and how their son will ever be able to cope with the weight of such a horrendous tragedy. John and I have sat in a press room with Steven Curtis Chapman - five feet away - have avidly followed all of his amazing albums, and more than anything else, have admired that man's dedication to his faith, his family - and has come off as absolutely genuine.

Knowing his most recent hit has been CINDERELLA, the song I've posted about previously and my daughter sings whenever she hears it - and knowing it was probably penned with his little Maria as his inspiration (she just graduated form pre-school) - I just can't even begin to say how heart wrenching this is. Fortunately, they can rest in the peace that they will all be re-united again, but for the here and now, I pray for the excruciating moments they must endure......

I just found this link http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/ - it will give you a glimpse of what this girl was like..... have the kleenex nearby.

No comments: