Saturday, June 16, 2012

Safari Sam's

Since it's the week the kids get out of school, that must mean it is time to go to Safari Sam's.  I've already addressed my kids' need to stick to tradition, so if this is something we've done the week of Ellie's birthday two years in a row, we better make it happen for a third. =)

Again, we lucked out to show up on a day when there really weren't a lot of kids there (it was a gorgeous day outside, so that makes sense).  We felt like we had the run of the place.  We got the same table we've had to "hang out in" between spurts of energy playing tag, exploring the maze, or eating.  

We ended up hanging out there for four hours!  Such a hoot - I love just playing with these guys.


 


The boys attracted some buddies that thought they were very cool...getting some early training in their roles as "Phineas and Ferb".  =)








Also a tradition - "Elephant Ears" a replacement for our celebration of Ellie's 9th birthday that happened on Monday.

This was many of the kids' first time playing a pin-ball machine.  Kind of sad, huh?  They discovered two machines that still had additional games to be played so everyone got a chance.



We returned to Michele's, only to have the kids run around and play outside until after 9pm.  I don't know where they got the energy, I didn't participate in the obstacle courses nearly as much as they did and I was worn out as soon as I got to their house.

Ahhhh, sweet days of summer and living them to their fullest!  What a great way to start the first week!

This is a video I took of my experiences going through the obstacle maze.  It's "all over the place" and likely to make you dizzy - but gives you a better taste of how cool this place is!

No comments: