I'm trying. I'm trying really hard to be thankful for all things - which would include this icky extended forecast of rain. But, as I've looked out at the dreary sky and raindrops all day, here's a few "thankfuls" that have come to mind.
1. I just mowed and fertilized yesterday (yes, in the rain). The fertilizer and patch grass seed is getting plenty of moisture.
2. The more water that comes down from the sky means the more water in local reservoirs, which we definitely want when we are taking the boat out.
3. We have yet to turn on our sprinklers - thus saving us money.
4. All of the potted plants on the patio, no need to take the energy to water them by hand.
5. Colder weather means bulkier, warmer layers, hence hiding all of the weight I put back on over our vacation.
6. Without sunshine, there's no need to consider trying to lay out to keep the tan going - just think of all of the lazy time this is preventing!
7. We decided not to start the pool membership for the kids until June 1st (even though the pool opened at the club I worked out last weekend). I'm feeling pretty good about that financial decision right now.
Ummmmmmmmm, okay, that's about it. I think that's actually a pretty good list, given I'd trade it all just for more sunshine....... =)