Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

That's the way this week has felt. Such a To-Do list, and I didn't even bother to write one until yesterday. Granted, not everything on the list is of life-changing importance, but there were some deadlines (and still are) that need to be met. Through all of the errands, forms to fill out, checks to be written, snacks to be made, volunteer time to be given at the school, meals to be prepared, lawns to be mowed, etc., etc., the house has just not cleaned itself! Generally, that's a good barometer for where my attitude/stress level is at. Another words, as the level of chaos increases in the house, so it also increases in my head. I'll get a tiny handle on it right before John gets home, then find myself wrapped up in a project and before I know it, I'm waking up to dinner dishes and preparation that never got taken care of, not to mention the kids' crafts, snacks and whatever that somehow happened the night before while I was preoccupied.

Some weeks are just like this - I recall distinctly being ahead of the game during the slower days of February - and I'll get back to that again. But, this week, I'm just trying to stay above the water.....

No comments: