I'm lacking creativity lately. So, here's some random thoughts that I've been brewing over-
- Love, love, loving the weather lately. The blue skies are so energizing to me - I could handle the temps to be about 10 degrees warmer, but I am NOT complaining.
- I have officially hit the age where it is recommended to get a mammogram. My doctor likes to be on the cautionary side so she likes to send her patients in during their 35th year. Oh goodie...... I absolutely adore my doctor though, so it's great to be able to trust her judgment on all of these things.
- I am, by far, much healthier now than I was 10 years ago. Blood pressure, cholesterol, immunity, but, I was skinnier back then. I think I'll take the ten pounds if it means feeling better. (I went to my annual yesterday....)
- I was a bit shocked with tonite's American Idol- a lot of spirituality infused in it. It was really cool. I am very much enjoying this season and all of the contestants - they are quite diverse, very talented and have such charm and personality. Out of the 8 left, I'd be sincerely pleased if 7 of them ended up being the final choice.
- Today Bogey and Sydney whined about being left outside in the freezing morning temps, so I let them stay inside while I went to Bible Study and ran some errands. I returned to find red Nerf Football pieces all over the living room floor - dozens of them. Nice.... They also took care of the wild cheetah and lion that are a part of Mikayla's safari set. They must have seen them as a threat-
- This is better, however, than what Koda - the lab that we dogsit over spring break - did last week. I came home to find that she had crawled into our bedroom closet, gotten underneath a jacket, into a bag - and found the Peeps, Reeseter Egg, and Chocolate bunny - and left only the wrappers. That dog is crazy about food. (And, no, there were not any adverse effects from the chocolate).
Alright, I think that's enough randomness for one evening. Oh wait - one more thing - my son just volunteered to make dinner for us tomorrow evening - he has learned how to wrap a hot dog and a bun in a paper towel and microwave them - and wants to do that for us all. I'm glad I get the good quality beef hot dogs - but, I'm sure there's plenty of readers cringing at the idea. I think it's sweet.....