Thursday, August 31, 2006

Camp "Wearthekidsout" Continued.....

Let me offer a few lines of defense here. As before mentioned, this week was destined to be busy and activity-filled- with Michele being down and it being the "last hurrah" week before school begins. Throw in some unused and soon-to-be expired gift certificates and the notion of babysitting 3 additional kids (thus more of a reason to keep kids active) and we find ourselves even busier. Today's post features the activities of yesterday and today - a return to Pump It Up, up north and a visit to an old skating jaunt in town. This place brings Michele and I back to our childhood days - not a thing has changed, including the gaudy orange lobby carpet. (JustMe - I hope it brings back good memories!) Upon leaving the parking lot, Traig exclaimed, "I give it 42 thumbs up!" He's already asked to return a half a dozen times. Something about that strobelight, Redlight-Greenlight game (which Michele participated in but didn't win....[loser!]), and the Hokey Pokey song has him hooked.....

Tomorrow takes us to the Wild Game Park in Bandon - a place made famous for the "elk eating Michele's arm" incident - and the "goat's bottom" incident - (one of my "skeleton in the closet" stories......) We went there with Mom and Dad at least 3 times growing up, tomorrow will be a first for our kiddos. Knowing the trouble we got into - can't wait to record the stories of what the "Trouble-mint Twins" (Brayden and Nati) or the other 3 create..... Tune in tomorrow night!!!!






2 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

Yeah, you were up against the Season Pass holders of Skate World, Michelle, I understand. You are a winner in my mind though for even getting out there. Way to go! And well, of course we want to hear the goat's bottom story. And how did you get your arm eaten by an elk.
Oh and so glad you guys are having so much fun. When my sister was here I actually thought of you two and how the fun factor must be what you two experience so much together.

StephieAnne said...

OK, OK, OK - when I was a small (and I do mean small) child - my Grandpa went with us and turned around to find me performing a colonoscopy with my finger on a young goat - apparently, he calmy pulled me aside, cleaned my finger off with a handkerchief - and recited the experience to everyone he knew to be used for future blackmail.... there you go - I am no longer going to be bound by those pay-off amounts.

As for Michele - with Mom and Dad in attendance, they turned around to find some "small girl whose arm was completely in the mouth of an elk" - Imagine their concern when they realized it was their daughter...... obviously, the elk didn't eat it.