Sunday, January 16, 2011

Regarding the New Picture on the Left Side

If you scroll down beneath the "About Me" on the left side, you'll see a picture box that says "Praying for Joanne". I decided to put that "button" on my blog so that those of you who check my site out would consider joining in prayer for this woman.

Last week, "Joanne" - a mom of two girls, an author of three books, and based on her blog posts - a wonderful, transparent, extremely enjoyable woman - suffered a massive stroke. She's the same age as me and the idea of this happening is just unimaginable. As soon as I found her blog (three different sources who have no connection to each other led me there via Facebook or their blogs), I felt drawn in compassion to this woman, her heartbroken husband, and her terrified children. Her husband "Toben" is doing a phenomenal job keeping everyone updated on her condition. It's quite the rollercoaster as she has suffered a lot of brain damage and everything possible is being done to stop the swelling that has been at critical levels in her brain. Joanne's recovery will undoubtedly be a long road with no guarantees, but I know that it's circumstances like this that make this huge world of ours so much smaller, when we find ourselves connected in prayer over someone we've never even met.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I believe Luke 1:37...NOTHING is impossible with GOD! Praying with you for Joanne's speedy recovery.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So ready to see a miracle....I know he can

Katherine said...

Praying, and sending hugs!