Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Love!!!!

Today my most amazing husband turns 42. Woohoo!!!! I know I've tried to put into words before just how thankful I am for this extraordinary man to have chosen me to be his bride, but let me just re-emphasize today that I feel like the most blessed woman in the world.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but frequently, I'll have dreams of being in a position of ending up with someone else. In those dreams, my heart feels like I should no longer go on living, that the rest of my life will no longer hold meaning - as John is the only person I'm supposed to be with...the man that completes me (sorry for that cheesy reference - but it applies!).

So, today we celebrate John - we'll make a trip up north to his favorite place for ribs with the Whites - and pretty much just enjoy the day, thankful everyone is healthy enough to embrace it.

Happy Birthday, my love - you are my dream come true!!!!!

***************************************************************************

As hoped for, John had a very enjoyable birthday. Brayden purchased a racing game for them to play together on the PS3 (with his own money!) - and Mikayla gave daddy a "Cuddle Coupon" as John just loves having her cuddle next to him on the couch. After a lazy morning, we met up with the Whites, loaded in the vehicle and ventured north.

We watched the new "Karate Kid" en route - and made some wise transactions (returns and purchases) at the the outlets, picked up John's favorite cologne at the mall - and finally, made it to "Famous Dave's" to show Travis and Steph just what the fuss is all about. The meal was fantastic - made even better with a pitstop at Coldstone Creamery before heading home.

It was one of my favorite "John's Birthday" day too - with the sun shining, Brayden back to his absolute silly self (throwing Prednisone into the mix with a boy who is already a little wacky....yeah, we had to keep "toning him down" the entire trip), and friends who are our family- it's the recipe for a very fun day.





No comments: