Friday, October 24, 2008

Northern Lights Pumpkin Patch (and Tree Farm)

Yesterday, Mikayla and I set off for the pumpkin patch (again!). This time, it was with Mikayla's first grade class and we set off for Northern Light's Christmas Tree Farm/Pumpkin Patch. As the fog cleared within the hour that we were there, it was a beautiful day - perfect for the occasion.

This first picture shows an overview of the buildings gracing the area - the spider house in which the owner talks about spiders, the "Hay Mayflower" (which you can't see) which is the exact size of the real ship, and a building in which she talks about owls and shows them a real owl pellet. The husband, Bob, drives the tractor for the hayride and the wife, Lynn used to be a kindergarten teacher, so she definitely knows what she's doing as she conducts a very organized, educational and captivating field trip experience.


This is Mikayla's teacher, Ms. Beitz - who, as you can tell by the way Mikayla and the other girls are clinging to her - is very loved.


On their property, GIANT pumpkins are grown - here's a picture of one topping the scales just above 1000 pounds.


I loved this goat! And, he loved me. He reminded me of Sydney as I scratched behind his ears and he kept leaning in and bending his head - in bliss- When I went to pet the other goat, he came right over again and used the back of the other goat to lay his head on as I scratched behind his ears once more-



Here is a picture of Mikayla's new buddy, Kenady, and her mom, Johnna, that accompanied me in my car on the way to and from the pumpkin patch (along with five kiddos). I'm enjoying getting to know her and her daughter!
It's so crazy for me to think that it really was back in 2005 since I've been here last with Brayden's class - it seem's like yesterday. If you go back and look at that post, Brayden seems so little (part of it was his haircut and smile-expressions) - and, it makes me wonder if that is the same goat...

4 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

I love Northern Lights Pumpkin Patch. I am so glad that you got to experience it again.

StephieAnne said...

Hollie,
Long time, no chat! I keep checking your blog for new updates...!

Hope you and your family are doing well, my friend- Happy Harvest Time!

Anonymous said...

That is one huge pumpkin and one friendly goat! Look like a great field trip!

Happy Friday!

Growin' With It said...

know what? whenever i glance and see a picture on your post....i always scroll down just to soak them in before i read. you take such fun pictures!

ahh field trips. this looked like one to put near the top of the list of great ones.

and a beautiful sunny day..well that was the prize.