Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feeling Better...

Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement. I've kind of fallen into a pattern of waking up feeling pretty good and then going downhill as the day progresses. But, I'm certainly better than I was Monday.

I did my bi-annual (I think that means twice a year, right?) - hair coloring today. Went darker for this time of year. Because she does highlights to make this happen, the process literally takes about two and a half hours, and boy do I appreciate every little minute of it. There's just something about being pampered, about having to "sit still" and wait for the color to set - or her to mix the colors, or whatever, where all you have to do is drink your beverage and devour your reading material of choice. Ahhhh......

My favorite parts of the process are the hair washing where "my gal" (Tina) does a stupendous scalp massage that I wish I could elongate for about 90 minutes and pay someone to do exclusively that.... And, then, the blow drying process, sigh - can you tell that the journey is almost as exciting as the end product for me?

One thing Tina seems to be able to do well is matching the color I request with what I end up with - it was practically an exact match to the magazine I brought in. However, she can't quite get the hang of styling it to match my preference, I always walk away with it so flat, I have to re-wet and style it just to get a little volume. I'll take it though - the cut and color are really the big deals, not to mention the above-mentioned process. I think it should be recommended therapy for anyone feeling crummy....

4 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

Yea, you are feeling better. :)

I use to have a hairdresser named, Tina Star. I'm not sure if she still cuts hair or not.

I'm with you...going to the hairdressers is fun. I go next week. I'm taking our new puppy because my hairdresser has been wanting to meet him. hee hee!
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Yeah! New color is fun and going tothe stylist is even funner!
Glad to hear you are feeling better.

P.S. 1500 square feet sounds like a dream to me, but I know how it is... it seems like you always expand to fit the living space available so you always need more. :-)

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

I so agree...having your hair done is such a treat, isn't it? Us gals are constant nurturers of everyone else, so the moment someone pampers me in the littlest way, my eyes glaze over and I feel so grateful!

I bet your hair looks adorable. Since you are feeling better, maybe you need to have your hubby take you out and show off that new look!

Growin' With It said...

makes me complain at the L'0real box that comes with NO massage and no thrills in the color process that I go thru! but always fun to hear about pampering! i finally get my hair cut tomorrow morning. it's been over a year. that bad, i know!! and so how's that to start my date day off with my hubby? we might not make it out of the house! ;o) tmi, i know...sorry!