Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Tale of Three Playdates

First up, the dogs. They were quite eager to come inside this morning when I returned from working out, apparently that cold fog wasn't what they had in mind for a playdate. Once inside, they got a little cozy.... ahhhhhh.....


Next up, Kyle and Brayden - a classic shot of what they most like to do when they are together - however, they did a pretty decent job of mixin' it up with the trampoline and homework as well today.

And finally, Mikayla and her friend, Kenady. This was their first playdate so you can imagine the excitement level from Mikayla's end was pretty escalated today. Kenady is one of the first girls Mikayla mentioned and pointed out from her class and from the start, John and I shared very good impressions of her. After having her over for several hours, I'm able to see how very much God answered our prayers for Mikayla to find a special friend in her class (as no other girls from her kindergarten were moving over to this school). Kenady was a joy to have over, the girls did a lot of giggling and neither one wanted the playdate to end after 3 and a half hours which is a very good sign. When I dropped Kenady off, I got to chat with her mom and was immediately aware of how easy it was to talk to her, how we share so many of the same values (and are so thankful both of the girls are "nice") and I wasn't intimidated. That last one is a pretty big deal as the school these kids go to can have some pretty affluent families that can make a person like me feel pretty small. None of that here. Of course, girl friendships can be very fickle (especially in first grade), but for now I will see the blessing in this and be thankful!

5 comments:

Genny said...

How fun! I have met some of my closest friends through the fact that our kids became friends. It's wonderful when that happens!

Anonymous said...

Those puppy pics are too cute.

Growin' With It said...

you're such a great mom!!!

Anonymous said...

They all look like they had a blast!

Stephietoo said...

I am surprised that my dog actually was sleeping with Syd on the couch. Usually he is hopping all over her to get her to play. He must have been SPENT! I have the one with his head tucked under Syd's leg up on the wall at my desk.