Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good Advice from Joe Fox

I'm so on the edge of putting up a snarky post - I even used my dashboard thesaurus to find a good word for the title, but I know that I'd just end up feeling guilty and pulling the post. It's like those conversations between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail" (LOVE that movie):

Joe Fox (Tom Hanks): But then, on the other hand, I must warn you that when you finally have the pleasure of saying the thing you mean to say at the moment you mean to say it, remorse inevitably follows.

That whole magnanimity thing? Well, I consider it no irony that it was hammered home so much this last weekend - between John and I, we've really had to make choices as to whether or not to put it into practice this week. And, let me tell you, the battle is still going on for that "choice" - even as I'm typing......I've already erased a whole paragraph!

(Hint: My frustration has to do with a question I asked y'all about a week ago....so don't go thinking it is anything bigger or more personal than it really is. Let's just say that suggesting change is hard for everyone!)

And, as for John - poor guy - there have been circumstances at work for him - and then my vehicle.......grrrr! We sincerely believe that John negotiated such a good deal for us, that the dealership is dragging their feet intentionally so that my vehicle won't arrive until the beginning of March when everything would have to be re-negotiated as it would launch a new and different set of deals being offered by Honda...... Really?........

The good news: this week seems to be flying by. I had a great "reunion visit" with my long-time friend, Jodi (aka Literarygirl) yesterday. Today I'll be meeting with two super-star college ladies. And this weekend had the promise of some very special events....more to come. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Steph. This testing means you are on the right track - and the enemy doesn't like it! Keep taking the high road and looking for the blessing! I spend a lot of time erasing looong paragraphs these days. :)

StephieAnne said...

Thanks Heather. We are nearly at Friday and some key progress was made today that had yet to up 'til now move forward. The day is ending well and I managed to not offend anyone. It was a success!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~cjoy said...

"F" "O" "X"
That's all I can think of now. ;)

Hang in there...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.