Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Has This Ever Happened to You?

As I am writing this - it is the most MISERABLE weather outside - the temperature is around 40 degrees but the rain is coming down mixed with snow at a harsh windy angle. In about 20 minutes I'm going to have to go outside, get into my car and pick Brayden up from Karate (meaning I have to walk across the parking lot twice). I am not looking forward to that AT ALL!

So, today, I went to WinCo - nothing earth-shattering about that.... But, as I walked in, two guys about my age kept taking a look at me. I do not consider myself having the "look" that makes heads turn by any means, so I was a little taken aback as to what had them so curious. As I proceeded through the store, more people kept looking at me - a couple, two women with their children. I really wondered if I had blood running down my face or something, because it did not feel normal the sort of looks I was getting.

Now, a really good post would have me finding out some hillarious discovery, like realizing I had toilet paper trailing from my shoe or something - but I never did figure it out. The best I've come up with is that I was wearing a "champagne" colored tank top that looks a bit close to my skin tone, so maybe those guys were doing a double take to figure out if there was anything underneath my low-cut V-neck sweater - and then, I was just paranoid for the rest of the shopping experience.... Got me....

Anything like that ever happened to you? And, does your story have a funnier ending than mine?

BTW - John is still working on his Globetrotter post - he might be getting a little help tonite so I can just have it down - there's the choleric side of me taking over!

4 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

Nothing like that has ever happened to me. But my friend Monica, a few years back, was in front of a group, singing karaoke. All the guys kept hooting and hollering and she was like "they love me, they really, really love me!" So she kept singing "Delta Dawn", raising her hands above her head and receiving more claps etc. Her top was see-through.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, holliehobbie! I burst out laughing, and laughed all the way to the coffee pot here at work. I can't think of any "wardrobe malfunctions" at the moment...and if I do have them it's more like that smudge of something on my boob that I can't see cuz it's on the underside, or the buttons that come undone at the bottom of my shirt so my lovely white belly can hang out until my kids (hopefully only THEM) point at it and laugh. {sigh} Not so much things that would make guys check me out; more like people running away screaming, "Oh Dear God, noooo!" haha.

HollieHobbie said...

Oh wait! I have had something happen to me. On a plane trip to Florida; Molly was about four months old. We were on a redeye and it was morningish. I was nursing Molly and fell asleep; a jolt woke me up and I looked around only to find my infant under the seat and my boob out for all to view!

StephieAnne said...

No way, I don't know what is worse, having your daughter on the ground or your boob exposed! That is a story, Hollie!