Saturday, May 28, 2011

At Least I Didn't Overheat...

A bike ride, now that the snow has stopped falling? Well why not? I'm game...especially since I wisely packed myself some perfect gloves for just such an occasion. This is the house we are staying at - I can't emphasize enough just how much we appreciate the generosity of Dennis and Lisa's friends, John & Angie, for allowing us to stay at their gorgeous home.

I snapped some photos while riding my bike. It was a little precarious as I was simultaneously trying to keep up with the boys, fasten the chin strap on my helmet (Mikayla noticed it was undone after we'd begun...uh oh), and attach the camera strap around my wrist so I wouldn't drop it. I got it all done without stopping...kind of impressive. And, while the frigid temps did keep the ride short (it's seriously hailing right now...so glad we came back when we did!) - it really is hard to stay inside when the scenery just out the door looks like this. =)


A couple of family shots - everyone else came sans Michael (who stayed home to listen to the Beaver baseball game....go Beavs!) - but no one else was really in the mood to pose for pics...


Looking forward to a much longer adventure tomorrow!

1 comment:

sara said...

we hit the 90s today....so it is weird seeing you in coats and gloves!!! However, just yesterday we were in the 60s....so strange!