Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Dark Outside!

The alarm clock is set for 6:15 for me on weekday mornings. Whether or not I actually "get up" at that time is a different story. =)

However, today - something different - it was dark outside! I mean, I know I am the one who has already decorated for autumn, but still, some of these changes take me by surprise.

The leaves are turning crimson in our neighborhood - and I'll have to take a picture of the trees next to Target - those are always my markers with their early color.

It is a crazy thing - I'm so seasonal, and I'm not so sure what it is about this autumn season that is so delightful for me, but I have truly felt giddy lately - taking in the sights, the "Yankee Harvest" candle, and the feel of the wind picking up the newly dropped leaves. Maybe it is because I'm obviously all about "cozy" and this upcoming season just screams of it.

(It also helps that both kids are just loving their teachers - particularly Brayden. I could go on and on with all of his cool stories and accolades about her ("she was on the Jumbotron at the Duck game on Saturday!") This, of course, brings feelings of contentment way beyond any change of season......)

2 comments:

sara said...

it is still in the 90s here.....

StephieAnne said...

It's actually still in the 80's (high 70's here) - but it is crisper in the mornings. I think, for me, the kids going back to school is synonomous with the change of seasons - hence why I might be jumping the gun a bit. =)