Thursday, November 08, 2007

Some of My New Favorite Things

No, it's not going to be a nostalgic, thankful list - rather, as prompted by Heather (who I had a dream that I was with last night =) ), a list of new favorite products or recommendations.....

HAIR CARE:

Clairol Nice and Easy Root Touch Up- For only about $6, you can use this product to delay another round of coloring that costs at least 10 times that. I have tried two different colors that I knew weren't perfect matches, but both worked well and blended just fine. It only lasts about a month, but so worth it for me.

John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze- a product you use in the shower after conditioning that is like a temporary coloring as well. It can actually stain your hands a bit, so you know it has some good effects on your hair. The red really is fun for me.....

HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS:

Method Hand Soap - I LOVE the Cinnamon Bark smell and Hollyberry smell - almost better than a candle

FOOD/BEVERAGE

Marie Calendars Ready-Made pie crusts - in the freezer section. If you are making pumpkin pie off of the Libby's Can label - a double recipe fits perfectly in three of these pie shells....

Oregon Chai Tea - in the tea and coffee section. Michele turned me onto this. If you use one part of this, one part milk, one part French Vanilla Liquid Coffeemate (can be Sugar or Fat Free) and one part water (perhaps a little less of last two ingredients), you have yourself one tasty, creamy drink - not quite overtaking Russian Tea for me, but a worthy contender

Leonardo's Take and Bake Pizza from WinCo - actually my family's favorite take and bake. I think it might have something to do with the garlic butter they smear all over the crust to begin with...... mmmmmmm

WinCo's Bakey Cinnamon Raisin Bagels - very soft, which is what I like, and choc-full of raisins

MUSIC

Michael W. Smith's New Christmas Album (It's a Wonderful Christmas?) - I'm not quite ready to recommend purchasing the whole album, although it is nice, you might be better off downloading a couple of the songs. The first track for sure (I've already cried a couple times listening to it) and certainly the one that he does with Mandissa. It is beautiful music as it is all down with a full orchestra, so it almost has a Disney dramatic soundtrack element to it.....

Josh Groban's Album - If you love the sound of Josh Groban, you'll probably like this. I can't say I was blown away, but probably because I wasn't expecting a sound that bordered on kind of an opera-like sound, but his "I'll Be Home for Christmas" with sound bites of real military families speaking is pretty touching......

BEST NEW TV SHOW OF THE SEASON

Hands down, for John and I, "Chuck". We sit in our bean bags up in front of the coffee table - all of our snacks ready - and just ENJOY.... We are constantly trading smiles back and forth - we love Monday nights and we love CHUCK!

I think that's it for me. I'll probably think of more and put them into the comments. In the meantime - contribute away! I'd love to hear what's "doing it" for you all............

3 comments:

LiteraryGirl said...

Did you ever try a My Chai Latte over here? I really think you would lurve it. As of right now, they don't sell it in the valley. Get one at Bellatazza at your annual Sunriver trip.

HollieHobbie said...

I love your new favorite things. I always pride myself on trying the new stuff, but when you just asked for a list of our own, I realized that I am pretty basic. Nothing really ever blows me away...
hmmmm
I really do like Heritage Makers but like with my own hardcopy scrapbooking it still takes time.
And I haven't found a Merlot that I like any better than the
14 Hands that I was introduced to a few months ago.
I haven't even added any new TV; I've just stuck to my stand-bys, which are alot by the way, that is why I haven't added any more.

Anonymous said...

I recently tried a Pantene conditioner with "ICE" on the product label (sorry, can't remember the exact name) and I have found it to be one of the best I have used in awhile.
I also enjoy the Eating Right citrus cranberry granola bars from Safeway.
I wish I had more to share...a little on the boring side here!
Chele