Friday, October 05, 2007

An Interesting Discovery

Recently, our Valley River Center mall added a toddler play area - you know, the kind with the shiny animal play structures, carpeting, and fence disguised as seating area for moms and dads. Despite the fact that my daughter just meets the height limit and my son definitely exceeds it, they both love this sort of place to play. It is about time, Valley River Center has lately struck me as being incredibly SNOBBISH in their store choice and way too teen oriented.

So, I have to admit, I was surprised when I walked in the mall at 9 45 am to discover that the installation of a toddler zone has indeed increased the attraction of moms to the mall. In fact, the way that the strollers were parked within and around the play area I had to make sure I wasnt in Anaheim waiting to ride DUMBO.

Apparently, this is the place to be if you have very small kiddos. From what I gather, there is an excercise program that happens before the mall shops open for moms with strollers. Wow - where was this program when I was lonely, suffering from cabin fever, and in terrible need of companionship besides my adorable little baby boy......... I honestly remember at the check-out line at WinCo looking at moms with small babies thinking...... I wonder if that lady would want to be my friend.......

So, if you are reading out there, and you have small kiddos, and you want some new friends - check out VRC on weekday mornings and you might find some brand new BFF`s....................

No comments: