Sunday, October 21, 2007

#5 in the Rankings!

I had to put that little tribute to the Ducks in my title. I want to believe we can take USC this next weekend and continue moving up, but for here and now, for this week, we are #5 in the nation - and that is pretty cool!

Funny story from church this morning, when we sat down I became uncomfortably aware of John's cologne smell. I don't know how it was possible, but the smell just intensified the longer I sat there. I really didn't want to hurt John's feelings (I've never dealt with this problem with him before), but I kept thinking, "I can't believe I helped picked this cologne out, it smells really cheap and nothing like I would expect John to wear". Finally, 10 minutes into service, I suggested to John that he went a little heavy on the cologne. He said it was just one squirt like always, and that basically, "it wasn't him". He darted his eyes to the elderly gentleman sitting a seat away from him and then I realized, nope, it wasn't my honey. As precious as this old guy and his wife seated next to him were - (three seats away from me), I was nearly nauseous by the time service ended. I am a pretty scent-sensitive person. The only relief I had was that it wasn't my husband causing the congregation this misery......

At noon, our family, including Syd, headed over to Skinner's Butte Park to meet up with our buddy, Steve, who bless his heart, works with the 5 of us crazies to come up with a family portrait that we can send out to everyone that makes us look like we love each other. (That was the family talk on the way, "Kids, smile to show everyone how much we love being together!"). Steve seemed pretty impressed with what he was looking at, we can't wait to see them. If they turn with fun smiles, we can thank Sydney, we were having a good crack-up laughing at her being held by me in a strangle hold and Steve trying hard to get her to look at him.

So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Steve! Your talents are such a gift to this family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I hope you love your images. Much love!

Steve

StephieAnne said...

Steve, YOU ROCK! You are so incredibly gifted - I LOVE THEM! Thank you SOOOO much!

P.S. - We really DO need to know what kind of Christmas cookies are your favorites....... =)