Saturday, June 09, 2007

Guest Teacher

I have some fun stories and pictures to report, but since I'm at my sis's house without my camera accessories and laptop, I'll post something I've been meaning to share from earlier this week.

On Tuesday, my mom got to be a guest presenter in Brayden's 2nd grade class. They are studying geography as well as pets and animals, so her recent experience in Portugal riding horses really piqued the interest of Brayden's teacher, Ms. Hynes.

So, with a little bit of trepidation over the whole thing, Mom came into Brayden's class equipped with notes, maps, pictures, a DVD of her riding, and even sugar packets printed in Portuguese. She offered them history of Portugal, shared some of the extraordinary features of the country (castles and cave drawings) and explained what the Lucitano Stallions are and why they were trained to do the special things they do in dressage.

Mikayla and I were very proud observers of her presentation and I know that Brayden was absolutely delighted to bring up his grandma and share her with his class. Way to go, Mom!

No comments: