Onto randomness about how life is going around here:
- Oregon has really blessed us in the last couple of days with the kind of weather that's just ideal for this time of year....the forecast appears to give us more of the same....kind of a cozy fog in the morning with temps reaching low 70's and sunshine in the afternoon. Couldn't ask for better...
- The family across the backyard fence from us (that is most affected by our antics when we jump on the trampoline) took in three full grown ducks this summer. Apparently they rescued them from a family that was abusing them. Since that time, Sydney has been obsessed with watching them, laying on our side of the fence, digging a hole to see them better. One of the ducks likes to fly just high enough to perch on the top of the fence. He hangs out there, just watching. Syd has given up trying to catch him, but that fence line is precarious....and one of these days..... In the meantime, I enjoy looking out our patio door and staring back at the duck. (Pics to come, though I've got to say, I don't think I've ever seen uglier coloring on a duck....)
- I've got my first two sub assignments coming up. They are on the next two Fridays, from 12-4:00, which means I'll only have about 2 and a 1/2 hours of class time with the kids. Both assignments are for the same fifth grade teacher/class that replaced the teacher I subbed for all the time last year that retired. Hopefully, I'll make a good impression and adore the kiddos and it will be the start of more request-backs to come.
- Brayden's first real football game is tonight. The Jamboree went well, though the first team we played against were giants. I'm pretty sure if you had two Braydens and had one stand on the shoulders of the other, it might just meet the height of one of their linemen...
- The Football 101 Event that we put on last Friday was very successful, one of these days I'll get a post up about it and tuck it in chronologically to where it's supposed to go in my blog.
- School is going just fine for both kids...the waking up, however, is still a bear for all of us!
- Finally, my mom and dad are headed east this morning to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone to celebrate the wedding of my dad's cousin's son, Jason. He's the closest thing I've ever had to a real cousin (my parents are both only children), so in more ways than one, it's a bummer we aren't making the trip to see him marry his long-time girlfriend in the gorgeous scenery of the Grand Tetons. Happy traveling, Mom and Dad - and give them both a huge hug from us!