So, today did indeed turn into a snow day - for both districts. HALLELUJAH! It was a long 45 minutes continuing to refresh the "FlashAlert" site to see if anything had been announced. I found out about the kids' district about 20 minutes before the district where I was supposed to work....plenty of tension during that time.
With all that said, I'm really not so sure the districts made the right decision as what is outside our house right now is quite pathetic in terms of amounts. It snowed for a couple of pivotal hours during that decision making period, so I have a feeling that's what made the cancellations happen - and for sure, I'm NOT complaining.
Here's a couple of pics I snapped out front - of the little crocus' trying to stay alive and the flowers on the plum trees emerging amidst the snow.
I have a strong suspicion tomorrow will be canceled just because more snow is coming in this afternoon/evening and then the temps will drop to the twenties....slush plus freezing temps usually equals closures. Let's hope that equation indeed works for tomorrow too!