Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Got Nothin'...

Somehow, last night, some little elf got into the house and put a vice grip on my head! At least that's what it felt like when I woke up! Thank God for Advil and Cold Medicines. I was just telling Linda that after dealing repeatedly with tension headaches, to have a headache of another nature (i.e. - head cold) felt so strange......

Our family is headed to Bend this weekend. We are staying three nights in a hotel (courtesy of some gift certificates we have) - and just having our own little family retreat. I envision lots of tv viewing, game playing, swimming in the indoor pool, and perhaps going to see "Paul Blart, Mall Cop" at the movie theater on Valentines Day....talk about romantic!! I really can't wait - I am so excited to escape for a while, just the four of us. In the meantime, I just have to get to Friday.

So, since I have nothing inspiring to write - or am simply not inspired to write anything inspiring, I'll throw these two questions out, just for fun.

1. What is your current favorite breakfast cereal - particularly, the sugary, sweet kind if you ever indulge in such things.....

(I love all dry cereals - it's the hardest part of doing any Atkins diet for me. I think if milk were involved I'd have to say, "Honey Smacks" - and without milk - "Lucky Charms" - I eat all the non-marshmallow pieces first, and then indulge in the crunchy marshmallow goodness)

2. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?

("Superfriends"!!! We recently found a VCR long-play tape from where I recorded about 8 hours of vintage "Superfriends" off of the Boomerang channel about 5 years ago. It's been a kick watching them as Mikayla falls asleep - love those "Wonder Twins" - Zan and Jana, and their space monkey, Gleek. Can't tell you how many times between Michele AND John that the words "Wonder Twin powers activate" have been said with the fists reaching out to each other..... I guess it's a twin thing.....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks for the yummy lotion. I tell you I am one good-smelling girl, not to mention I have the best moisturized skin in the arid state of Colorado! :-)

1. I love Cocoa Crispies - the chocolate milk that results is awesome. And Reese's Puffs - chocolate AND peanut butter! Ahhh. Not that I am eating either of those ever again in my life... (wahhh!)

2. I honestly can't think of a favorite cartoon. But I loved the Beverly Hillbillies and My Favorite Martian.

I hope you are feeling better!