Monday, August 04, 2008

Tip of the Iceberg

Something happened this last weekend that has me pretty shook up. It happened with someone who is dear to me and indirectly involved two other close friends that "just happened" to not be in attendance camping with us (despite all plans otherwise). Yes, that "just happened" is sarcastic - there was no accident that they were home and in town for a reason.

I'm not at liberty, nor feel comfortable, divulging details - someday it will be an extraordinary testimony for this special person to share, but there is a lot of story yet to be written.

While we were at the campground just a bit of the story was revealed to a handful of us (via a phone call to track down one of our attendees)- which I'm thankful for as it prompted immediate prayer. It also became all too obvious that the ladies in town (who were MEANT to be there) are merely the tip (albeit a huge tip) of the iceberg when it comes to support for this other person. And, it would be the same for me - or any other one of us. What a rare gift, and amazing representation of faith in action that these women represent.

I'll admit, there are days when I'd really just like to turn off the world, "burn the social calendar" and get away from my cell phone and anyone's access to get a hold of me. But, if that were only possible by letting go of these friendships - I would never, ever agree to it. These women are priceless, and while certainly not perfect, they are ever-growing in the Lord and have hearts that yearn for the best in the lives of each other. I hope they can say the same for me (and not just the "certainly not perfect" aspect....) - and I also hope that this other friend of mine - who fits right in there with the rest, will feel all of the abundance of love that these women feel for her - it's downright overwhelming......

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

whatever has happened i do know from seeing your incredibly sweet and loving group of girlie friends...that there will be support beyond belief! hope everything works out in the end.

Genny said...

I hope everything is okay with your friend. And I agree...friends are so important. I don't know what I'd do without mine!