Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Help Wanted

Help wanted: seeking a skilled sharpshooter (using a BB gun) willing to be an early riser.
The target: the half dozen or so crows that inhabit our waterfall.
Reason for wanting to "take them out": the OBNOXIOUS "caws" that habitually wake me up around the 6am hour. They argue, gossip, and pretty much just make a ruckus with the intent of waking up everyone in the neighborhood. Any attempts to shoo them away just leave them on the neighbor's roof, smug as can be - ready to make the noises that much louder......
IF TARGET IS ACQUIRED AND TAKEN OUT, I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW - I CAN'T BEAR THE GUILT NOR THE LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS......

(Obviously, I'm teasing here. The last several posts have been very sober, and I thought this would help with the levity.... But, seriously, I'm not co-existing with these nasty little flying beasts very well.....)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was dating Shanne, he had a friend who shot a crow and then nailed it to his barn door, as "a warning" to the others. I know crows are smart, but I'm not sure they're THAT smart - and oh, what would the neighbors think about the crow pinned to your garage door?

:)

I think maybe you just need to borrow a good hunting cat for a few days and station it next to the pond...

StephieAnne said...

I'm telling you, these crows are as big as the cats - I had to look online to make sure they weren't technically ravens. (The "caw" sound is the big give-away). I was told I should wrap fishing wire around the pond and it would bother them when they try to land. I don't want to mess with them too much - I've seen "The Birds" and they just seem to have too many friends.....

Colie said...

i have some experts here in my home - however I would think traig would have a ball! good luck!

Growin' With It said...

henry and dale offered to come right over. although...then you'd hear barking and howling at 6 am instead!

love the "birds" movie comment...oooo i remember that one!