Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Steven Curtis Champman Update

For those readers who have been with me since before Memorial Day weekend, you'll remember that I was terribly shook up by the tragic death of Steven Curtis Champman's daughter, Maria.

Recently, I started reading the blog of Steven's manager, Jim - and found out that an interview of Steven will be featured on "Good Morning America" with his entire family. Everyone is very optimistic with how it will be presented based on how it went the day the interview occurred. The segment is supposed to air sometime tomorrow, Wednesday, the 6th - so you might want to tune in.

Also, I believe he's supposed to appear on "Larry King Live" on the 7th - and will be featured in the August 13th "People" magazine.

I have no doubt that God will use these interviews to accomplish great things for His kingdom - thought you all might want to have a heads-up about when they are occurring.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't know if I could bear to watch it even if I had the opportunity. I start crying every time I think of his family. I found a video on youtube of him singing the song and then giving an interview (about a year ago) talking about how he came to write the song, and about how God showed him he needs to enjoy every moment with his children, and it must compounded the whole thing. But I know that his story will touch many, many people for Christ and for that I am so thankful. Whether or not the folks at GMA try to move the interview away from Christ I am confident he will be glorified!

StephieAnne said...

I just watched it, it was right at the 8a hour. I thought they did a tremendous job and the message was very inspiring. Wow - the amount of people that family has touched and impacted......

Anonymous said...

Well, now I will have to look for it on the news sites. It's so hard to think about how I would handle that, and would I feel angry toward the teenager? Would my faith withstand it? Plus it's hard to be reminded of how fragile life really is, that despite our best efforts something tragic can happen at any moment to our children.

I suppose you've heard about Alison as well...I keep staring at her "before" pics just amazed by how young and healthy she was, that there weren't any "signs" of what was coming, wondering what caused that to happen to her body?

I am glad to know I will be seeing these folks in heaven someday.

Growin' With It said...

man, i missed it! should not have slept in today. but thank goodness for ol' "larry", i'll be sure to watch it on his. i know wihtout a doubt this will make a HUGE impact.

btw...oh dear, i'm terrible at cutting straight lines, even with a cutting board. so don't look too close at your tags!

StephieAnne said...

One thing that was mentioned on GMA was that when the family was leaving to take Maria to the hospital, SCC yelled out of the car, "WILL FRANKLIN, YOUR FATHER LOVES YOU!"

He said that perhaps they had a gut feeling they might be losing one child, and there was no way he was going to take the chance of losing two (at least emotionally). Mary Beth and him were so real - it was a huge victory in terms of glorifying the Lord..

Genny said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to watch this. This tragedy really shook me up too. So, so sad, but I agree...I know God will turn it into good.