Monday, December 03, 2007

OK, Maybe She's Not Exactly Like Me....



I asked my mom today, just to make sure. "Nope, you were never that squirrelly as a child in a concert-like setting". That's what I thought.

Now, don't get me wrong. I wasn't really bothered by Mikayla's behavior. Given her age, a little bit of "off focus behavior and diversions" is kind of precious. But, we will need to step it up a bit before she takes on the coveted "Mary role" in Norkenzie's Christmas Pageant. I was thrilled when we were told that's who she would be, however, am now wondering if we need to pull her hair back in braids so she doesn't end up chewing on it the whole time like she did last night!

The picture shows her putting her arms inside her shirt - fortunately, that was predominately during rehearsal so daddy was able to ask her to not do it during the concert. We forgot to mention the hair thing, squatting during the performance, or turning around and talking. Oh well - it was so sweet - and she wasn't the only one.

2 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love squirely. Sorry for not commenting much prior to this. Mikayla's birthday party looks awesome! The beginning of your week was making me anxious but the pics you shared made it look like a week worth going through. Good job! And thanks for taking the time to share with us.
ps: Is that Taylor on Mikayla's right?
And what camera did John get? I am in the market.

StephieAnne said...

Yes, that's Taylor - he was a riot! I'll have to have John email you info as I'm not sure of the specifics. Thanks for the encouragement!