Friday, December 14, 2007

A Couple of Questions 93

I have got bins of every color strewn around the house right now - red ones, blue ones, big ones, small ones, clear ones, ones with lids, and one whose lids have been thrown out when John cleaned out the garage. They are being filled with food, snow gear, medicines, spices, clothing, shoes - yup, anything and everything to live away from home for a week and to feed 10 people for 7 days. Michele is talking to me right now and is indicating her van might have room for a tote or two, but the rest of them - better find a way to fit into that SUV that we have for just this sort of reason.

The spirits are high right now, Sunriver happens tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty prepared, with still a lot to do, but as Lisa says, "You're getting no sympathy from me girl....". John is pleased we are finally scheduled to leave on a no work day, so he will have actually had a full night's sleep going into the adventure, vs. waking up at 3am so he can leave early.

Last night, we had the most delicious meal for Tyson Steele Associates Dinner Party. I was able to sit next to Liz and totally catch up admidst lemon drops, amazing grilled tenderloin, and chocolate cake. It was a great evening.

Alright, on to questions - a little random this week, bear with me.

1. If someone were to ask you, "How are you doing?" and you felt the freedom to answer honestly, what might you say right now?

2. What is a tool/product (perhaps under $10) that you finally got that makes you think, "why didn't I get this earlier?"

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...

1. Happy, excited, trying to keep a good handle on the pendulum of emotions this time of year, a little stressed, and tired of the cold I've had since Monday.

2. The nut grinder I bought for under $5 at Target. I was making do with only the top for a long time and then I broke down and forked out the money for another one - wow, carmel rolls can be made in record time these days!

Colie said...

1. Busy with a heavy heart. My family is wonderful but there are others that are not. Miscarriage, Chemo, affair, ugh. Yucky stuff!

2. My $.99 cheese slicer. I actually didn't pay for it but it probably isn't more than $1. It was a gift. I love it!

Hollie87 said...

1. Charitable: I love giving at this time of year. I am not good at gift giving, but I like finding specific ways that my little family can help someone else out, mostly in the money department because, again, gifts is not my love language.
2. I have had it for awhile but wonder why I haven't had it for even awhile longer: the corer/slicer from Pampered Chef. Not the peeler/corer/slicer, but the Peeler/Slicer. I think it is under $10 or pretty close to it.

Have Fun in Sunriver! I had forgotten that you guys go for a whole week. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

1. Depressed. (You told me I had to be honest, otherwise I'd say, "Great!") In January I breathe a big sigh of relief.

2. Speaking of Pampered Chef, I bought some corn on the cob holders "to be nice" and actually, they're pretty neat. They screw into the cob and don't fall out. You can also boil the corn with them in, instead of trying to jab them into hot corn after it's cooked.