Friday, December 14, 2012

Hanging with Whit

By the time Wednesday arrived, I was feeling a little sleep deprived, but ready to spend some time with little Whit.  

Whitley gets dropped off by Steph at the same time I return from dropping off Mikayla to school.  I usually then use Whitley to lure Brayden out of bed (she's the best alarm clock ever to him....) and this is a pretty typical scene as to how the first hour or so of our day together starts.  He was playing with a "jingle bell"...





Fortunately, Whitley likes to take a morning nap - and boy was I ready for one too.   We didn't get a super long sleep time in, but it was enough.  From there, I needed a shower or bath, but wasn't sure how thrilled Whitley would be in a bouncy seat while I bathed.  So, she got to join me.  I took her out of the bath minutes before getting out myself to be able to rinse my hair....she got to sit in her "Bumbo" with the towel draped around her.  I couldn't resist grabbing the camera again to capture her sweetness....





Wednesday's "Countdown Calendar" was going to see "Finding Nemo 3D" with my mom who had really wanted to see it in that version in the theaters.  Fortunately, our "second run" theater had it playing at a perfect time for the kids to see after school.  I figured I'd take Whitley in the stroller and if she was not in the mood to sit still for 90 minutes, we'd cruise the adjacent mall.  

As it was, we were the only ones in that theater, so her behavior was a non-issue.  But, she was still PERFECT.  She took her bottle at the start, fell asleep for all but the last 10 minutes, and then thoroughly enjoyed the ending of the movie in my lap.  Whitley loves tv - well, anything on a screen (her favorite lately is watching recordings on the I-Phone of herself laughing and cooing).  So, she's a movie/theater fan too....GOOD NEWS Travis and Steph!!!

I think it's kind of serendipitous that "Finding Nemo" was the movie I got to take her too, as Travis and Steph had a special date with just Brayden when it originally came out.   Brayden was four at the time and during the viewing simply announced to Travis and Steph that he was going to go get some more snacks for himself.  He consumed so much junk that day, but for the record, he didn't get the goodies on his own.... =)

On Thursday, Whitley and I had a lot of errands to run, that began with seeing Mom again and having her acknowledge that my body was doing so MUCH better than when I saw her in such pain on Monday.  When I mentioned that I can no longer guarantee that she can "fix me" on any given visit, it still needs to be said that it WILL happen, it just might take a couple of visits and a little more time.  I can't say it any more simply other than God has used my mom to give me "hope" when it comes to this pain....

By the time we'd run errands all day, Whitley was not in the best of moods.  Actually, she'd been "off" all day, which has been uncharacteristic as of late, when she's been just so happy.  We think, based on all of the drooling, she's starting to teeth.   Mikayla and I were running low on ideas on how to keep her happy and not crying, so it was a sweet relief to have Brayden walk in from school and be eager to love on her, even when she's not a happy camper.  I am falling in love with these qualities of Brayden with each opportunity I witness the two of them together.  I'm kind of tearing up just writing these posts.  He stuck it out until she fell asleep, not fazed at all by her persistent fussiness and screaming.

These pics were taken before that began though - as she played with his cross necklace...





I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Ladybug grandma said...

God bless that boy!66