Thursday, October 08, 2009

Slighty Obsessed.....

I'll admit it - lately I've been a little obsessed. I kind of get this way this time every year. I'm so seasonal....and this season means baking in the kitchen. It means purchasing every new magazine on the market that advertises "Harvest Baking". Not to mention, spending time on the internet looking for copycat recipes of such things as Cinnabon's cinnamon rolls and Starbucks' Cranberry Bliss Bars.

The bummer about it all is that I can't indulge in all of this fun of baking without adding a HUGE amount of calories to my life, so I need to have a purpose for making things. Fortunately, we have college students in our lives that enjoy home-made food, and then there are days like today when I open up the house to fellow moms so that they can come "hang out" and we can all get that stuff done that needs attention simultaneously together......(as well as enjoy some yummy food and spiced apple cider).




It was a small show up today - Nancy, her little buddy Kellen (son of Nancy's BFF, Denise), Stephanie H., and Lisa Q. It was a very nice morning - great fellowship, great people - and some productive time to get things done. Thanks ladies, for keeping me company and giving me a chance to indulge my latest obsession. =)

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

I just want to point out that the pictures of the cookbooks and magazines represent an accumulation of those things over the years and not just purchased in the last couple of weeks! (I'm bad, but not that bad!)

j.nelson said...

i'm glad your day with adults was fun :)

Anonymous said...

I think that I need to come over to your house more often...