Friday, October 30, 2009

Bowling with the Big Kids

As I'm trying to type this post, Brayden is working on getting me back to the place that I'd labored hard to get to in "Scooby Doo Unmasked" on PS2. Stupid me overwrote my progress when I tried to save his game.........grrrr! Yes, little known fact about me, I love Scooby Doo PS2 games......

I also enjoy bowling - as do the kids, though I'll admit it was not a stellar showing for any one of the Rileys today. No matter, that's the great thing about bowling, it's fun even when your showing is pathetic.

The bowling idea was discussed earlier this week when I found out Lisa's kids din't have school on Friday either. The idea seemed even better when Amy asked if I'd watch her kids while she went to some appointments. Unfortunately, Adam chose this week to catch the Swine Flu, so poor Lisa got stuck at home caring for him rather than joining in on the fun today. (Fortunately, though, Adam's case seems to be pretty mild - Praise God!).

I'd mentioned the idea to Kaela and Julie - and then Aaron, Scott, and Andrew joined us as well - what an honor it is that these "big kids" would choose on a Friday afternoon to spend time with me and my little kids....








No comments: