Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gettin' Ready.....

As I wrote that title, the song from HSM3 was buzzing through my head about getting ready for the prom....

So, we're not preparing for a prom, but I'm very excited nonetheless. Tomorrow night, we leave for Sunriver - all the way through Monday. Yip, yip, yippee!

This is our fifth year of doing this trip with these friends (4 families - 8 adults, 10 kids) and even with that in mind, it never ceases to amaze me how much organization and advanced preparation is necessary to pull this off without totally losing it in the last hours.

I have a really great time taking on the menu, grocery shopping and a good chunk of the cooking/baking. It's a win-win, because I get to prepare (which I love) the food that I love and as a result, we are blessed with the (biggest) room that I love. But, it does mean a little bit more effort in terms of gathering it all. Invariably, the store that should have everything, will be out of "that one item" - or I'll realize I messed up.

So far so good at this point. Mikayla and I woke up early on Sunday, so we decided to hit Walmart Supercenter (at 6:30) before church. Believe it or not, it was a lot of fun - with my "little mommy" crossing everything off the list for me. I'm glad I had her as we left with two carts of groceries to push out to the car.


Ahhh, the anticipation of a fun get-away - life is good for me!

(and, oh yeah, that "preparation diet" is now officially over):

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like such fun! i love how you captured a picture of your daughter with you at Wal-Mart...how cute is that! and she is smiling with it being 6:30 in the morning! WOW!!!!

enjoy your trip...i'm jealous!

j.nelson said...

the countdown begins :) or more so just gets closer to being over.

Growin' With It said...

it's the other end of the trip that does me in! have a BLAST stephanie. it does feel time for a getaway and hopefully the weather will make it even more fun. enjoy!

Colie said...

I'm giddy with excitement for you! I hope you have a blast!

sara said...

omg, I want to go!!!! or at least have you send those cookies my way!!!

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast - safe travels!