This came from this month’s Readers Digest – (not something I normally read, but this month has got some good articles….)
Can you name that tune? Each line below is a clue to a well-known yuletide song. You’ll have to decode some lofty language to come up with the carols, so if you’re ready….. get humming!
1. Listen to the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.
2. Embellish the interior passageways.
3. Twelve o’clock on a clement night witnessed its arrival.
4. The Christmas preceding all others.
5. Small municipality in Judea south of Jerusalem.
6. Omnipotent supreme being who elicits respite in distinguished males.
7. Nocturnal span of unbroken quietness.
8. Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals.
9. Tintinnabulation of vacillating pendulums in inverted, metallic, resonant cups.
10. In awe of the eventide characterized by religiosity.
Answers posted in comments......