Monday, January 05, 2009

"Where Are You Christmas?"

....packed back in the antique chests in our house and bins in our garage....Hallelujiah!

That was Michele's favorite song of the season, and I agree, Faith Hill does an amazing job with it. Of course, Christmas is certainly still in my heart, but I'm good with a little break. Of course, I'll be chomping at the bit for the great holiday/vacation that is "Harvest-Football-Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas" come September, but in the meantime, a little reality check is oh-so-necessary!

It took me ALL DAY to transition the house back to it's pre-September state. Part of the length of time was a result of trying to re-sort all of the decor and put it back in such a state that it will make sense next year. The older I get, the more I realize the value of jotting notes about things that "I'm sure I'll remember next year, but just in case" - cuz I never remember!

So, come the weekend of Labor Day, don't hesitate to remind me that the big Harvest Sign that sets above the tv, that doesn't fit in any bins- is safely stored behind the craft cabinet in the bonus room.....

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Woo hoo and YIPPPEEEEE, I say!! I feel exactly the same way. A little bittersweet about packing it all away but while I'm doing it, I'm already looking forward to pulling it out in November!!

That was a good idea about leaving yourself notes - I still believe that I will remember that long. Like that will EVER happen...

Anonymous said...

I'm always happy to have all that stuff put away also. After Chrsitmas it just seems like clutter. Sad, but true.

Growin' With It said...

you "organize" your christmas stuff? what's that mean. no wonder curtis gets so ticked when he pulls the lights out year after year!☺

i know one thing...i'm LOVIN' getting my valentine's day stuff out. oolala!