Friday, January 02, 2009

Another Email to Michele....

....This time regarding fitness....

We all parted ways yesterday, after returning from Sunriver just in time for the Rose Bowl. (Go Pac-10, 5 and 0!) Already, I'm missing Michele, particularly when we engage in fun things like tonite as evidenced by the email I wrote to her which pretty much sums up what I've been up to....

Hey there,

We watched Utah beat Alabama tonite in the Sugar Bowl and then brought out the Wii fit board from where it was safely seated on the top rack in the garage waiting for John to wrap it for me for Sunriver.... At first, we let Travis and the kids play on it as you have to set it up and get your BMI (thankfully it doesn't tell you your weight unless you request it) and then it tells you your fitness age based on balance exercises and BMI and real age. Of COURSE, Travis was right where he was supposed to be. It has all sorts of fun activities you do with balance - ski jump, tight rope, skiing. However, some of them won't work unless it's set for your weight - like the tight rope or ski jump.

So, when Travis decided to go play Tiger Woods with John in the other room, I hopped on and set it up for me. Good news, my BMI was "normal" - but just BARELY - right on the edge. Bad news - my Wii Fit age is "47". Kind of sad when it does a balance evaluation and when it's over, asks if you trip when you walk..... That's not a good sign!

Anywho.... It is a lot of fun. I realized I can hula hoop in virtual reality (having never been able to accomplish that goal in real life) - and were I ever to do a tightrope walk, I'd have the best success of making it across and even jumping over an object out of the lot of us. Good times.

All's to say, this little activity is making more enthusiastic about this lousy month - combine that with the Outdoor Challenge and new songs I downloaded for the Dance Factory DDR game* and perhaps getting back into a fitness routine won't be so awful...

*(I-tunes has a over a hundred different "I-Fitness Albums" that are set to faster pace beats - most of the songs I didn't recognize, but I game up with enough for a little bit more fun....they have several Christmas versions, so next year WILL be a hoot!!!) -

Can't wait to play all of this with you, but I'll have to leave the room when you set your BMI up - you can actually set up a password.... My pride and jealousy can only tolerate so much.....

Love ya,
Stephers

1 comment:

Growin' With It said...

"stephers"...pretty cute! ahh sisters. love 'em.