Monday, August 13, 2007

Moms Gone Wild



Today was the first day of Camp Harlow, which means that both of my children are gone from the home from 8:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. Oh, wow - the freedom. Among my buddies, though, I'm the only one without a little tyke. (The other three kids are 4 years old). So, prior to walking into Target, I laughingly made it clear that I would not be accountable for keeping track of any child and was free to wander from the cart without guilt. They sneered at my remarks until I pointed out that when all my children are gone from the home, having graduated - leaving me in tears - they'd all still have one at home. I guess there's two ways of looking at that, but it was meant as sad thing for me.

Anyway, enough about those future days of grief. As for today, here's a shot of Brayden's boy dominated group - two gal leaders, 7 boys ages 7-10, and two little girls about the age of 6. (Poor girls). At least all the boys are very sweet and respectful......


Two of the the three "little tykes" - the ones we jokingly consider, "betrothed" - Ellie and Jackson, entertaining the folks at Harlow while we waited in line-


Finally, some pictures taken from Brayden's disposable camera:


No comments: