Friday, April 13, 2007

Life Just Ain't Fair

Cuz, if it was, my husband would have walked away the winner of the Body Boot Camp "Biggest Loser" Challenge. Because life isn't fair, a 122 pound, ex UO track star record holder, and current manager of LA Weight Loss "chick" won the challenge. PULEEZE!!!! How fair is that?! Especially, when everyone that took part, coaches included, were rooting for John..... But, 5 meesely points kept him from taking that first place title. Of course, I'm taking the loss harder than John, "Mr. Smiles" is totally ok coming in 2nd place (well almost totally okay). Oh well, there is a whole lot John did indeed "win" - here's just a few examples........

Since January 3, 2007 John's change......

- In body weight: 43 pounds (22 pounds of which was lost in the last 4 weeks during this Body Boot Camp)
- In body fat: 14% (Began at 31% and ended at 17.8%)
- In inches around his waist: 8 inches
- In resting heart rate: 20 points (From 83 down to 63)

Am I SOOOOO PROUD of this guy, or what!!!!! I felt like I was married to a celebrity at the dinner tonight, as enthusiastic as everyone was to tell me how encouraged they felt by John's participation in the camp. (The pressure was on to be the perfect wife....let me tell you.....)

So, I'll end this post with a couple of "unofficial" before and after pics. The first one was of John on Christmas Day this last year - the second one was of John tonight - right before I sent him to bed with 2 Advil PM's as the poor guy is just exhausted...... Given he's been doing 10 workouts a week for the last 28 days and eating primarily egg whites, spinach leaves, protein shakes, and oatmeal........ I think he deserves one heck of a great night's sleep tonite - I think the whole family can say in unison - HALLELUJIAH, we have our husband and daddy back - well, 43 pounds less of him anyway!

3 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

Wow, Johnny Boy, Way to Go!!!

Could you/he have done this without the challenge? I think Pete and I really need to hear about it. Like, Complete Details.

And congrats to you, Steph, for sticking it out too. I can just imagine what a long 10 weeks it has been for you.

LiteraryGirl said...

I think this is the first time I really see a similarity between John and Jeff, I am not sure why, but that bottom pic really looks like his brother.

Way to go, John! I admire your dedication.

StephieAnne said...

Michele speaking - logged in under Steph's account-

We are so proud of you Bro!
Congratulations!
Your stats are incredible... what an amazing testimony of your motivation and determination.
First place is definitely overrated - you're the best!