Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Trip Back in Time

On Wednesday, Mikayla's class took a trip to Dorris Ranch to journey back in time to way things were done when the pioneers arrived via the Oregon Trail. As I chronicled before, I had to opt out of the retreat due to the belief I'd be subbing for the teacher whose daughter is about to have a baby. Still no baby yet, though I just received an email that she's having contractions about 20 minutes apart, feels a bit sick, and has back pain....so my five day subbing stint may just be starting tomorrow. Good thing I FINALLY got the laundry done.

God bless my neighbor, Kristen, who took Mikayla under her wing and into her group on the field trip - and was able to preserve those memories with her camera. Her son, Noah - in the plaid flannel in many of the pics, is also in Mikayla's class and I'm thankful for their comfortable friendship. They occasionally walk home together (particularly when I'm subbing) - and it's nice to know they get along just fine, without any "I've got a crush on you" issues.

I'd give you a description of each of these pictures, but your guess is as good as mine. =) I think most are pretty self-explanatory.






No comments: