Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ahhhhhh October!



Well, based on my previous description on what this week would look like, I figured you all would know why I've been a bit absent.

I've got some fun pictures and stories to post about from the fall retreat - it was a beautiful weekend with a powerful speaker...so stay tuned!

I'm LOVING these fifth graders - I know I sound like a broken record, but they are so great. In fact, it's way too easy to fall into story-telling mode with them and get off tangent....but, we are getting through the lesson plans. Three more days with them counting today...I'm soaking it up.

I'm also soaking up the frost that arrived on our grass, rooftops, and windshields today. I know it damages crops, makes things slick, and delays folks from getting too work from the defrosting necessary - but it is so beautiful. It and the blue skies accompanying today with the brilliant sunshine playing peek-a-boo over the fir trees (the view from the classroom window right now) epitomize October's brilliance to me.

So, wherever you are, I hope you are also enjoying these days of autumn....I'm trying not to take them for granted.

No comments: