Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

Happy Saturday everyone!

I feel it's time for another update, even though I have nothing profound to report. The week is over, the weekend is here....ahhhh, a good feeling.

I got the chance to substitute again on Wednesday - for the same fifth grade class I've been with before. I actually get to see them again on Tuesday of next week and the last two days before Christmas break. It's a very nice arrangement to be returning to the same group of kids, and I think we are all enjoying our time together. I'm glad I can be that "consistent person" when their "real teacher" is absent.

On Thursday......happy sigh......, I spent from 9-2:00 decorating the house for Christmas. Yes, I know it's not even Thanksgiving, but if you knew the joy it brought to our whole family, you wouldn't question my jumping the gun for a moment. It was a great day for me, I was so immersed in getting it all done before the kids arrived that I didn't even eat during that whole time (which is a major indicator I was focused, because eating is not something I forget to do!). No, we don't have our trees yet....those WILL wait until after Thanksgiving.

I also had another perk on Thursday by scoring a free pedicure for Mikayla or I (at the place we've gone to in the past) and another one for over 50% off. I used a group coupon called LivingSocial.com - and by linking my coupon on Facebook, four of my friends purchased the deal (it was really good - and this place is very popular among my friends). If you have three people use the coupon from your link, yours is free! I feel like I won a raffle or something....very cool!

So, this weekend....games today and tomorrow for Mikayla for volleyball, and then Brayden's championship game tomorrow for football. There's a small potential for snow tomorrow....so, viewing that game will require a lot of layers!

Today, John does the outside lights. Again, a not so great "outdoor work day" - temps in the low 40's with rain......but, he's eager to get it done. It will be a lot easier this year as we now have outlets in our soffits to work with. Glad it's him and not me though!

Whatever you are up to this weekend, I hope it's an enjoyable one. By the way, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?

No comments: