Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Hearty Recommendation

....Green Bags - as is the ones that are under the "AS SEEN ON TV" sections of stores. They are meant to filter out the gases that fruits and vegetables create that ends up causing them to rot or mold. And, they work. Best case of proof - I accidentally left some strawberries in the back of the produce bin - they were in the Green Bag - a week later - still good - no mold. The kids ate them all up at dinner. I don't know about you, but strawberries, especially, are very frustrating for me because they go bad so fast - and we can only eat them so quickly. Same with grapes....

These bags run $14.99 normally, but both Fred Meyer and Bed, Bath, and Beyond have them on sale for $9.99 for 20 bags. They are re-usable, I have yet to throw one away. I'd say for the cost of produce you end up having to throw out - they are well worth the price!

No comments: