I figure people create blogs and add posts to them for about as many reasons as people write books. Some desire to demonstrate creative expression, others seek to share opinions, some seek to create fellowship - as for me, mostly I do this as an attempt to preserve history for my family. Here's some other benefits I've found in keeping a blog.
1. As before mentioned, it helps me keep a written record of the life and times in our family. I'm a big fanatic about preserving history (you should see the daytimers through the years of every day recording events), but admit I've been terrible in recording events in baby books, etc. I'm way behind in my scrapbooking too. At least, now, when I get around to those things, I have something I can refer to.
2. This is a means of keeping extended family up to date and in the know about how everyone's doing and what we are up to. Hence, all the pictures. John's mom spends half the year in Indiana - so I know it's important to her to actually get a glimpse of what the kids were up to on Easter (at least I think so!). Likewise with my parents, sister, etc.
3. It gives me something to think about when I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep.....
4. I find myself taking more pictures to capture special moments with the thought that it would "make a good post".
5. It's just plain fun for me - especially when I'm able to get the interaction of readers.
So, there you go, no grand agenda - but when I see all the pics of our family and boring details, I thought I'd let you know why.... Have a great week everyone!