Saturday, September 10, 2005

I found my "happy place"

Yesterday was one of those days where I knew a reward was coming, but several hoops needed to be jumped through before it could be attained. The reward was a never-tried-before body service at a local spa....but first several things had to occur.....

1. Brayden needed to be dropped off and walked into his first grade classroom to deliver the hand written apology letter to his new first grade teacher. After the first day, I asked (after several searching questions) "Did you get in trouble". Sheepishly, he said "yeah" and proceeded to tell me that he, and the boy I had purposely warned him about making only good choices with, were too loud during free time and had to put their heads down. Nice, Brayden, way to go with first impressions. So, he had to write "DEAR MR. DEESE, I AM VERY SORRY I WAS TOO LOUD DURING FREE TIME. I WILL TRY HARDER NEXT TIME. BRAYDEN". It took a century to get it done, but it was very well received - and we are especially thankful for a wonderful first grade teacher. (as a post script - day 2 provided only positive reports...) Check that one off as successful.

2. Mikayla needed to have her pre-school orientation. It took us all of 15 minutes as Brayden had had this teacher and went to the same school so we knew the routine. Check that one off as successful.

3. We needed to meet and orient a brand new babysitter to 5 children. She came highly recommended - a elem. ed major. She walked in, blonde hair, bright blue eyes, cuter than any football cheerleader - with a huge sweet smile - and there was no doubt that this could be checked off as HIGHLY successful. (Post script - it went great, she left with a calendar of all future dates we might need her for our Bible study).

FINALLY - with Michele in tow- we were off to the spa to cash in our birthday presents - her headed to a hot stone massage and me to my "remineralizing body wrap". Half way through the service when I was cocooned in a heat producing blanket, with this wonderful gel "re-energizing" my body" and the therapist said - "Would it be okay if I gave you a face massage"? Would it be okay - I wanted to cry! OF COURSE!!! After a week of Brayden starting first grade, my dog dying and non-stop migraines - it was so blissful and perfect..... I found my "happy place"!!!!

3 comments:

LiteraryGirl said...

Any claustrophobia? Or is it not that tightly wrapped. I imagine I might panic...

StephieAnne said...

I can see where one might feel that way - it wasn't that tight and was only 20 minutes, but I could have stayed there all day. I think more concerning would be the plastic wrapping you up underneath the blanket.

HollieHobbie said...

I'd be worried about claustrophobia too.....or that the plastic wrap wouldn't fit around me....haha