Friday, September 23, 2005

Friendships

I love my friendships. I don't think I've ever been in a place where I've been more appreciative of the different people in my life that daily encourage me and make me smile - and the diversity among them. I love how friendships overlap, and how there are joint places in common you perhaps only have with one of them. Here are some of those commonalities that demonstrate high values in my life, that I'm thankful these wonderful people share:

- love for Russian Tea
- love for Lost, Threshold, Extreme Home Makeover, Alias, Supernanny, Amazing Race, and Survivor
- love for all things cozy: including wood fires, magazines and good books, and lots of comfort food
- love for food - especially that which includes sugar
- love for 44 ounces of pop from Chevron
- love for surfing the web, with no where in particular to go (and I love those who provide a destination with their blogs)
- love for clothes - not high end, just new stuff that makes you happy to get up in the morning
- love for our husbands- in all their perfections, and lack ofs
- love for quirky, flighty, 6 and 1/2 year old boys... that just love to make you laugh
- love for high drama pre-school girls.... that just love your company and attention
- love for snow, Sunriver, and the Christmas season which in my book, lasts 3 months
- love for Playstation2 games to played with little boys (Stephietoo- you're the only name I could come up with!!)
- love for football- and weekends consumed with the sport
- love for a reading the newspaper every day
- love for family, with all of their idiosyncrisies
- love for the LORD - and an ultimate desire to have Him reign higher than any of these other loves.....

2 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

This is very sweet, Steph! It was fun "listening to you chat" on Friday night....;) I told Lisa that I want to get you like that again and have you all to myself. I still need to pick your "cozy" brain.

teedub said...

Yeah! Ty III, here I come!!!!! I cannot wait for our cozy trip to Sunriver, drinking Russian Tea, reading great books, spending time with the people I love the most, and playing video games with Stephieanne and the boys!! Less than three months to go....